Tuesday, September 27, 2011

no such thing as reason

when I want to reach
the unreachable

man in a yellow cab
leaving town all day long
leaving me and her and
all who care

when I think about "us"
or when we held hands
or when we named her
or when we looked
together
in the mirror

or saw her hair for the first time
emerging from me

because I don't want to remember
red scraping cutting words
and his impatience
with everything from the internet
to his shoes

and reason has no place in this poem

because I almost forgot myself
being a mother to his child
listening to him

because there is a stench in
his yard, behind his house,
under his bed,
and I didn't make it

but I did smell it
like it smelled good
and I took it home and wallowed
like a happy dog in it

and there is no such thing as reason
thinking of him

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its such as you read my mind! You seem to understand a lot approximately this, such as you wrote the book in it or something.
I feel that you can do with a few p.c. to force the message house a little bit, however other than that,
this is magnificent blog. A great read. I'll definitely be back.

Feel free to visit my web site: http://fetish-succubus.com/