Wednesday, April 3, 2013

these days

In the days of poop, the feces of old, young, cat, and dog,
I am flooded, mudded.

Overflow of sound-
the dog going psycho in the backyard,
cats scratching at the door,
a groan, snoring coming from Dad's room.

I hear my daughter
whining, crying, burping and laughing,
asking for candy, orange juice, carrots.

I hear the local news,
mouths blaring rape, sodomy, torture
murder.

Music from the kid's channel blares
from the flat screen.

These days, it's 2am quiet
all day loud.

These days, I lift my father from the floor.
These days, I throw away too many diapers,
clean up too much poop, blood and piss.

These days, I cook for four.
These days, an un-rushed shower is bliss.

These days, we are always behind on housework.

These days, I read mostly children's books, and find comfort
in my father still being able to read to my daughter.

These days, I don't even try to look ahead or above the flood.
I just float in it.





4 comments:

Gio said...

I love you my sister. I hear you loud and clear.
Thank you for being so open about your reality.

I had a thought the other day...that even in our circumstances, whatever it may be...if we are not seeing much change (maybe we are but not for the better) that we have to trust and know that God is at work. It may not be something that we can see on the outside of us but guarantee He is doing something good in us.
And hopefully we look a bit more like Jesus each time. Whether we see it or not -- for His name sake.

Love you!
gio:)

Anonymous said...

It is аlwayѕ betteг to file off the dead ѕkіn using аn emery boаrԁ,
ρumiсe stone or blade before applying
saliсylic acid. <a href="http://www.grandise.com/blog/5271/day-spa-lavatory-decor-decorating-a-blue-space/>But that hatred isn't what affects the voting for Mr</a>.
Sеnԁing save thе ԁаte cards
about 4-6 mоnths prior to уouг wеԁding afteг you secure youг ԁate and venuе.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

High, girl!
While I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
you shall find in our blogs a gobba (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this mortal sinner yeeeeers to compile:
I lay it ALL out for you, dear - neet-o, packaged, concise
(gotta lotta poetry, too).

Nevertheless, wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no
zooillogical-expiration-date,
with an IQ much higher than K2,
and an extraordinarily, sawcy, rowdy victory??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with an excellent bullshot detector):

“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love -
jump into faith...
and you'll see with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.

Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a passionate, prolific iconoclasm where you’ll find
nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX… of
deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big House.

ركن الهدى said...


شركة تنظيف موكيت بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة تنظيف ستائر بالدمام
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة عزل خزانات بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام